Stunning Barred Rock (Stukel Lineage) Cockerel, SOLD (N. GA. Mtns)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Two males MUST GO ASAP, one FREE, one $5, both with Marvin Stukel lineage, no hatchery blood. Healthy, robust stock.
PLEASE have PREDATOR PROOF coop B4 answering this ad! They are used to being safe at night and deserve the same elsewhere.

The best cockerel for sale is 8 weeks old May 5 and his barring is awesome, nice comb, too. He's not quite as wide as his brothers. Asking $5. ****In the photos, he is labeled Male #3.

***In two weeks or so, may have a breeding pair for sale (still with broody mama), same lineage.***

Also available, his same age half brother:

That guy is a TANK, several ounces larger than the next size male of the group, BR x Splash Rock (long story). Comb flaw means I cannot keep him for breeding here, something from the mother's side of the family, wrong egg collected, BUT, he has super size and an extra friendly personality, very calm and wise, so would be fine as a free range flock protector for a backyard group. Free.

Take one for your breeding flock and one for your free rangers, for two great, friendly roosters in your future.

Pickup/cash only, Fannin County, GA, near the juncture of GA/NC/TN.

ETA: This is the one who is free, same age, several ounces larger, very wide, comb flaw but very friendly and calm.

Last edited:
According to weights just taken, #3 has now caught up to and overtaken the #2 male so he will most likely have enough size to be a good breeder for someone. His barring and comb and top line are excellent.

#3 weighs 27.6 oz at 9 weeks of age, if this helps your decision any.

The #1 male who is free due to the comb flaw is (gulp) 32.3 oz! Told you, he is a TANK!

Last edited:
If someone doesn't grab this guy, I may be tempted to keep him for myself. My only hesitation is he doesn't appear quite as wide across his back as the larger males, but he's gorgeous. C'mon, someone needs this guy! He and his brothers will be 10 weeks old this Thursday.
I have a batch in the incubator from the cross of two other heritage lines so there may be an extra pullet or two for you to pair him up with if you take him now. And I also have a pair out of Atlas x Ida that are two weeks younger than he is that will be available as soon as Ida pulls away from them somewhat.

Last edited:
Sold pending pickup this coming Saturday. Be next on the list in case the sale falls through. Will remove ad when and if he's picked up Saturday.

I do have one extra male that I could let go since I have others in the incubator from different lines, #2 in the photo. He's not as large as #1, not quite as crisply barred as #3 but he has a beautiful comb and good size on him.

Will update this ad after Saturday's customer comes and chooses one or both of the males.

We also have a breeding pair who are now 8 weeks old, still with the broody, that will be available in a couple of weeks. $10 for the pair. If interested, PM me now. Pick up in Fannin County, GA

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom