"Stunning" Wheaten Ameraucana Roosters - Albany, OR

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by KKatknap, Feb 11, 2012.

1. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    These are from Jean Ribbeck's stock (Pips&Peeps), and really are handsome guys. They are @ 7-8 mos old. I run a boarding kennel, and get several compliments a day on the Wheaten roos. But, the best thing about them is their temperament! They are wonderful boys! They take good care of their girls, and are never aggressive towards people. The only time I have seen any reaction is when I have chicks in the pen and strangers come in. Which, really, is what I pay the roo to do. :)

I have way too many right now, and I would really like to have them go to someone needing a good flock roo instead of a stew pot!

Please PM me if you have any questions - thanks!

2. ladyfaeden

ladyfaeden Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    St. Helens, Oregon
    Will you be going to the spring swap with your roosters? I'm interested but Albany is a couple of hours away.

3. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    The date doesn't work out well for me...my husband's daughter is getting married that week, so we're kind of busy with all that. :(

I could probably take a couple up to the Portland area sometime in the next couple of weeks, if you would like to meet me somewhere around there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by