Stupid cats. Explain to me why **UPDATE w/ pics!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Aug 16, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    When I just spent a chunk of money to get them a fabulous cat tower, they are studiously ignoring it to play in the shipping box it came in? They are currently rampaging about in the box "killing" the plastic straps that were around the outside. The tower is abandoned and ignored.
    [​IMG] cats.
    Why do I even bother?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

Cats like to drive us insane

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

LOL

I think most pets are that way....

I rarely buy bird toys for this reason... Packaging paper, trimmed tree branches, and cardboard box chews are way cheaper and they spend more time with them. [​IMG]

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    [​IMG] You really need to get the "Simon's Cat" cartoon book. There is a VERY apt cartoon in there for what you describe.

6. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Cats, children...just save your $$ and give them a box every time.

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I LOVE the Simon's Cat videos on YouTube. They are hysterical! The artist clearly has a cat or cats. [​IMG]

One of the little brats has decided to sit on it so he can look out the window. Maybe there is hope.

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Brown paper bags work well with mine.Dh would kill me if I ever spent money on a cat tower.

I'd like to know why cats will insist on running to the carpet to puke when they are on a tile or vinly floor that would be so easy for me to clean!

Going to look up that simon cat now!

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Mine did the same thing.... [​IMG]

I sprayed some of that cat nip spray..and they all fell on it with glee... [​IMG]

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've almost completely stopped buying cat toys for mine. Milk rings and balled up paper. That's what they love. I save the milk rings in a drawer and pull a new one out now and then. And when a kitty looks bored I ball up a small piece of paper and throw it. Fun for hours. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by