1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stupid chicken pecked my baby chick. D:

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by elizabethbinary, Feb 2, 2011.

1. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I hatched out a cute little Australorp cross today I had planned on eating since I bred it. Except since a bunch of ducklings hatched with it - one of the FIVE mummies has decided it doesn't belong. So she's been pecking it. It's missing som fluff on it's bum!! That can't be!!! D: D: D: How can it be a fuzzbutt without the fuzz on it's butt?

Anyway I've now brought it in to care for it by hand. A crossed little 'meat' chicken.

Who wants to put money on it becoming a pet? [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. elizabethbinary

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Help! My food is cuddling me!!!! [​IMG]

Ahhh, my food is being adorable. Stop being adorable, food.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:[​IMG] Good luck with that!

5. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    Quote:You really need to give him a name like McNugget to help keep you strong.......LOL.

6. elizabethbinary

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:You really need to give him a name like McNugget to help keep you strong.......LOL.

McNugget is a cute little mcnugget.... D: Poor thing, just wants to be cuddled and loved and eaten... yes... eaten... IT IS A FOOD NOT A PET...awwwww it cuddled me some more.....

Stupid meat bird being all adorable. I mean really... an Australorp x brown isa? You wanna see that thing all grown up? D:

7. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    <Stupid meat bird being all adorable. I mean really... an Australorp x brown isa? You wanna see that thing all grown up? D: >

Actually, I would like to see what that would look like all grown up. lol

I had a 'meatie' that I named Original Recipe. Reci turned out to be one of my favorite chickens, sweet girl - used to help me garden by eating all the bugs and worms I dug up (and just generally getting in the way. She also used to pull ticks off my Schutzhund dog. That was weird the first time I saw that. Picture a large intact male performance Dobe laying on his side with a plucky little Barred Rock standing on his shoulder picking ticks out of his ears. First time I saw that, I thought he was dead. He later defended her against another dog when it broke into the yard. Nyx put himself betwween the other dog and Reci and kept it off her. I can still see them now. I miss the 'good ol' days.'
    Nobody ever eat that meatie chicken. *sigh*

Enjoy your new pet chicken. lol

8. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    LOL you got me laughing... reminds me of a piglet my hubby brought home once. We named him A Meal... I loved that pig!! yes we did eat him, but I still miss him!

9. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:A meal will always be with you,in some form. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. chickens rule123

chickens rule123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2010
    Ahhh, my food is being adorable. Stop being adorable, food.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by