Stupid Dead Chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by airmechreed, Sep 30, 2011.

1. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    My chicken was dumb and died yesterday. I have no idea why she thought she could go and do that.......Stupid Chicken now I am down to two eggs a day and I don't know why she died. This Sucks

2. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    There's no chicken stupider than a dead chicken. I am so sorry. [​IMG]

Hope you can get a replacement soon, and that it will be a brilliant and healthy chicken, that lays many eggs for you. For luck, name it Einstein.

3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I'm sorry but I don't understand why you are blaming her for her death. And how does that make her dumb.?

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    [​IMG]

5. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I have to blame someone so I picked her. Shes not dumb just dead and she was my largest hen and best layer and only one laying brown eggs at the moment. So I am bumbed that she died and I would be more accepting of her death if I had a reason.

6. jelly_biscuit

jelly_biscuit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Quote:I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't being serious, just bummed out.

7. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Reasons for these things usually come through postmortems; you'd have to decide if it was worth the money to know, and even then there might not be a discoverable reason. Most of the time, we don't get to know, and even when we do know, it doesn't always help. I've outlived lots of pets, and some friends and family members, and it's never fun.

Time heals. Hang in there. Hug your family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by