Stupid Dog!!! :(

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by wildriverswolf90, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    So this afternoon I took my 10 buff orps and 3 cochins outside to play in the coop. The cochins are almost 3wks and the BOs are 4wks. Anyway the coop is very secure (or so I thought) I even bought hardware cloth and buried 9inchs. I was sitting outside with them when a stray dog rounded the corner, he saw my babies and went psycho he actually bit the wire and pulled it up! Had managed to grab the smaller chicks and get them in the carrier but before I could get them all he killed 3 of my lil buff orp babies [​IMG] [​IMG] while trying to run with the 10 in the carrier he bit me!! Needless to say I will be cementing the wire in the ground. But I feel horrible I let my babies down [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gmsg01

Gmsg01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    West Monroe,NY
    YourLinkGoesHere [​IMG]

Sounds like you were careful to begin with. That dog's owner needs a visit from the law, I hope you reported the bite incident, as well as the livestock harassment [​IMG]

3. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    [​IMG] I am SO sorry! You really should report that. I had a bad feeling when I clicked on it. I guess my gut was right! [​IMG]

4. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    oh no, that's awful, animal control, did he break the skin? I know you are prob only thinking of your chicks right now, but you need a rabies vaccine if you got bit from a stray dog, esp one that acted like that, rabies will kill you, and orphan the rest of your kids (chicks) Please go get the shots

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:Don't blame the dog, blame the owners that aren't responsible AND have a dangerous dog--he bit you!

6. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    I know! A stupid dog killed my favorite little baby [​IMG]

7. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Coyotes killed ALL my babies last year!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    she said it was a stray! thats very dangerous, I urge you to take care of your wound

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a terrible thing to happen. Definitely take care of your wounds!

10. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Yes he broke the skin I have 19 stiches in my thigh and I did get shots. The thing is the dog is part of a feral dog pack that animal control is trying to catch so I told animal control they owe me for damages. Thank you all for your support it means SO much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by