Stupid Earlier Response From "Chicken Laws"

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by CottageChicken22, Sep 20, 2008.

1. CottageChicken22

CottageChicken22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] A little while ago i wrote a letter to someone in my district to change the chicken law (I'm writing to someone else now who seems more dignified and respectful) the lady who responded compared chickens to HORSES. As if someone would keep a HORSE in their own backyard!!!!! [​IMG] She practicly said horses were just as bad to keep in backyards as chickens. *Keep in mind that EVERY SINGLE city surrounding my unicorporated city i live in allows chickens. If I was corporate I could have chickens* just thought you would like to know how people are about chickens in many places. [​IMG]

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Oh brother!

That's very close minded.

3. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I know lots of people with horses in their back yard, er, pasture behind the house, but comparing keeping a horses vs a few chickens is ridiculous.

4. Interesting, as tolerant towards other walks of life, and they cant make room for chickens?

5. mango1612

mango1612 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Many times it seems that people can't separate chickens from other barnyard animals in their mind! They'll say, oh, we don't want people keeping goats in their backyard, either. Not goats, chickens!! Sigh.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ignorant huh? A woman here compared keeping chickens to keeping pigs.[​IMG]

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    10 lb chicken 1000 lb horse, I see the relationship.

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Well, they both eat grass, breathe, eat, poop, drink water.....Sometimes the feathers can resemble fur (maybe).....oh, and they both have legs.....

9. PrehistoricChicken

PrehistoricChicken New Egg

Sep 25, 2008
    Quote:i has legs!!!!!1

10. chickypoo

chickypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh come on folks, you don't see a resemblance? Pegasus had feathers you know![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by