STUPID egg eaters

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by [email protected], May 21, 2010.

1. patrickcromer@pstel.net

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    i had a guinea that was laying and she was up to about 28 eggs and i went to check that nest yesterday and there was only 4 eggs left i found egg shells every where... i told the man i wirked for cause i am out of school for the summer and he let me borrow one of his cameras that hang on a tree to find out what it is and then he would come catch it

2. patrickcromer@pstel.net

Feb 2, 2010
    i will post pics of what it is

3. patrickcromer@pstel.net

Feb 2, 2010
    i havent caught anything yet but i have camera set up to find out what it is.... i hope to catch it tonight

4. whytedragon

whytedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    Sorry for your loss of eggs...but pretty neat to be able to actually see what it is in action, huh? Sneaky little buggers! Busted and they don't even know it.
    Please update when you find out!

5. patrickcromer@pstel.net

Feb 2, 2010
    right now i only have one live trap but i caught a possum last night... from what i heard they eat chickens so i am glad i caught it.. i am getting more live traps today since someone borrowed them and didnt return they are bringing them back today somethime... i got alot of pictures last night and some of them had our dog in them.[​IMG].so i guess he will be chained up from now on....i will keep these traps set to keep catching the critters around here till i get them all lol [​IMG]

6. patrickcromer@pstel.net

Feb 2, 2010
    they are at it again i have another guinea sitting and she had atleast 2 dozen eggs under her and now is down to six. i set another trap hoping to catch it

7. Brahma Mamma

Brahma Mamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    It could also be a snake...they like to eat the eggs. Let us know what else you find!

8. Bizzybirdy

Bizzybirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    North of Nashville
    Dogs, possums, skunks are some of the most commong animals that love to eat eggs? Think it might be your dog since it was in the photos??

A possum would probably have eaten the mamma too...had one to kill 10 of 16 young chickens in my pen last month. Got her!!

9. patrickcromer@pstel.net

Feb 2, 2010
    i had to reset my trap the egg i out in it had a small crack and i went and checked it which its a good thing i did because i had two medium sized guineas but i know they did eat the eggs so i reset it

10. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    This is too funny, It'll be interesting to see who all has been dining out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by