Stupid Employer Not Paying

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by screager312, Jan 3, 2011.

1. screager312

screager312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Mission
    I worked for a very large call center. They are based out of SLC Utah and they are in over 30 different countries.
    I researched the company before I started working there and knew they hold employees paychecks after payday and have been sued and settled out of court for $2M. I needed a job and they were doing a mass hiring (800 people) for a big contract they had coming up.

Payday is 2 times a month on the 7th and 22nd

Training was 6 weeks long, on our 1st payday over 250 people didnt get paid in our facility for over a week, this was right before Thanksgiving. I don't know about the second payday but on the next payday Dec 22nd I was one of many. Here it is 12 days later still no check. I call everyday they tell me more checks came in but not mine, I ask for HR and always tell me they are not in.

Today I got ahold of HR becasue the receptionist isout of office and she tells me its possible my hours didn't get turned in, thats BS cause my hours were verified last Wednesday. When I do call it takes hours for them to answer, today it took 3 hours. She told me she would call me back today, I told her she wouldn't and she didn't.

I requested Corporates number and all it is a recording that says mail your inquiry in and they will get back in two weeks.

I contacted a local news station today and left a vmail, newspaper is next and Labor Board.

If anyone wants to know the name of the company just message me and I will tell you,just don't want to get in trouble on BYC

Sorry for the rant but GRRRR it chaps my hide.

2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    That is totally illegal. Report them! Good luck on getting your money. What jerks!

3. screager312

Dec 9, 2010
    Mission
    They have been doing it since 2006 at least

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    In New York, we contact the State of NY Labor Board and report them- legally they need to pay you PRIOR to the next pay period

They move very quick and they won't giv eout your name

They will go thru their payroll for the last two years with a very fine comb

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Look in the government listings of your phone book....contact the Federal Department of Labor, State Dept. of Labor and then a lawyer. An employer has an obligation to pay employees for the work performed according to their job requirements and hours worked. Get all over them and do not let go until your paychecks are paid timely. If they fire you for reporting them or causing waves....RUN do not walk to the nearest discrimination lawyer and sue their backsides out of business!

6. screager312

Dec 9, 2010
    Mission
    Would I need to contact Labor board in my state or where the corporate office is? I am thinking I need to contact Utah.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:I would try both - if they have been doing this since 2006 - something is not right with them - they need to be investigated

That's peoples Social Secutiy money AND possible back taxes that are not getting paid - Uncle Sam does not like to be taken advantage of

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    That stinks, but at the very least you knew what you were potentially getting into. You should set up a backup plan if you keep working for this company. I understand that you may not have a choice, nor do I at this point, and that is likely one of the things these goons are counting on. I am blessed with great bosses at the moment. Sorry you are having such a bad experience [​IMG] I hope things get better for you soon. [​IMG]

9. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    My brother and I worked for a call center, I never got my check, and my brother always had checks late, bounce or told not to cash them until this day or that day.
    I would tell people to never even bother.

10. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Also contact your representatives for Congress and the Senate. They love to have people to yell at.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by