Stupid feed store...poor babies GRRRR

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
I went by one of the feed stores this afternoon to get a chick fix and was flabbergasted to find the chicks out on the loading dock in an unheated brooder...didn't see any water...AND....the majority of them were pasted over, some severely. I took a chick to the front desk and told the lady that "these chicks are going to die if you don't get these bottoms cleaned up". She said, "well it has been really busy". I didn't even bother to ask to buy a bag of feed. I will go to one in the next town (20 miles away) where they know how to take care of chicks and are friendlier to boot. The nerve of some people.

Last edited:
you could call and talk to the manager about it im sure that they would rather have healthy chicks and give the emplees a warning of somesort

It is sad to see this...and unfortunately, very common. I just can't bring myself to go to the feedstores when they have chicks in. I see how poorly they are taken care of, and I want to buy them all! Of course, I can't...so I just dont go.

I think I was talking to one of the main people. The owner sits in the back looking over her spectacles.
smack.gif

I have been amazed at how the Lincoln TSC cares for their chicks, but not in the same way.
They always have healthy active chicks running around. If one isnt looking very good (weak,) Instead of having it get trampled and die when someone gets their chicks they give them that one too if they want it. I just think it depends on the place, Our TSC is excellent.

I don't get it. Are chickens less valuable as other pets because some are used for food?

Suzy

First of all, i think feed stores should have @ least one person on duty that knows something about chicks & that duty should be first and formost,everything else comes after the chicks are taken care of,, Some of these outfits are actually guilty of animal abuse and i for one don't go for that AT ALL!!!! They should have been reported, not only to management but to the law also,, There is no excuse for this type of behavior,,, Poor management & a poor attitude breeds incompetency,, If i was in charge there, heads would roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Went to Big R last week and they had light brahmas and some others. Almost all the light brahmas were pasty and some butts bleeding ! So sad !

These stories make me so sad. Those poor babies that haven't done anything wrong except by chance be shipped to the WRONG stores. Grrrrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom