1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stupid Human Trick #2 and #--*Graphic Photo*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 21, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Today has just been an AWESOME day.

#2: On my way home, my neck was absolutely killing me. I tried massaging it while I was driving...just to relieve the tension. It didn't work. So, I pulled off the side of the road so I could take an Aleve. I get the pill out, shove it down my throat...OMG, WRONG TUBE. As I inhaled for a breath before swallowing, I apparently inhaled the Aleve also. I could feel it each time I took a breath and it was awful! I started coughing, gagging and just when I started seeing spots, I coughed it up as well as some of my digest food..in the car. NICE.

#3: I got back to the apartment, my neck is still killing me. I decide to take a nice relaxing shower to try to get the muscles to loosen up. No good, now my shoulders are screaming at me. I use IcyHot all the time for my knees, wrists, etc. so thought nothing of using it for my neck and shoulder pain (after all, that is kind of what it was made for...). I get my boyfriend to help me put it down the middle part. 5 minutes later, I am SCREAMING. It burns so badly I can't see straight. I break out in tears it's so bad. APPARENTLY my little "massaging" in the car irritated the skin and by taking a nice hot shower, I opened my pores and irritated the skin even more.

Now I'm up researching ways to make the burning stop!!!!

Found the cure...I'm off to bed now!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I hate when medicine does that !

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ahhh [​IMG] ... now don't go doing that again will you ....[​IMG]

4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    How is your foot doing? Did you ever go see a dr.?

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    No, I can't see a doctor until I get my health insurance approved. Until then, just gotta suck it up and deal with it. [​IMG]

And this morning, instead of the IcyHot stuff gone, APPARENTLY it actually burned me last night!

6. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    We use Biofreeze. It works great! We got it at the Chiropractor's office, you should be able to find it where you are at or order it online. Hubby uses it on his neck.

Hope you feel better. [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    The photos aren't that great, but I thought I'd give a visual as to what I was feeling last night:

[​IMG]

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Owwwww!

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I never noticed it before...but I am really white AND I have a bunch of white fuzzy hairs.....looks like a freakin' peach...

10. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by