Stupid Human Trick...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jul 16, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    So, this one is kind of funny...at least to me.

I've been sleeping like the dead lately. And we live in an apartment complex. We are on the bottom floor and have upstairs neighbors. Last night, I can only assume that the neighbor above us fell out of his bed. There was silence, then BANG and there was no walking sound, so he must have slept on the ground.

Well, the bang woke me up enough to punch something. I "think" the something was the headboard on the bed.

I woke up today and you know the fleshy part of your hand on the outermost edge (towards your pinky)? It was hurting like I had bruised it. I iced it. Later today, I tried to grab the handle on a door and screamed in pain. I've located the injury and it "seems" to be the carpal bone of my pinkie. Which means I must have hit whatever it was HARD.

I didn't wake up when I did this...

It's the only thing I can remember that might have caused this injury. Is it possible it's broken? It's swollen and warm to the touch, but isn't the ridiculous pain that happened when I broke the last digit on the same pinkie.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Are you sure it wasnt YOU that fell out of bed [​IMG]

3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Are you able to bend your pinky at all? If you can, then it is probably either a bruised bone or at most a crack. Swelling and warmth indicates an injury and there is fluids attempting to heal the injury (namely blood). If you are still having trouble tomorrow (i.e. you can not open a door without severe pain) I would call the doctor. Better safe than sorry [​IMG]

4. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    I was thinking the same thing Lurky. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Actually, I think that's why I woke up. I thought I had fallen and I "grabbed" and wound up punching. Then I realized I was on the bed.

I can bend my finger...just realized it's not the carpal bone...it's more like the base of the metacarpal bone. Huge pain if there is any pressure applied to the area. I can't manipulate it because it hurts like well...just ouch. The word I screamed was not family friendly.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    that sounds pretty bad......... you should probably try to put something on to protect it while you sleep tonight.
    Keep it supported and iced and see how it feels. I dont know that they do much more than that if you go to the hospital [​IMG]
    Hope it feels better tomorrow.

7. jwalters

jwalters Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Vinton Iowa
    I broke that part of my hand when I was about 15 (punched "something" or was it "someone") but anyways pain wasnt to bad for me but I can take a lot and it took 3 days of convincing from my stepfather to goto the E.R. and by then my hand was black and blue and they had to try and reset the bone which didnt work. My point is wait a fem days if it doesnt get better then get it looked at or you will have a hand like mine that locks up every once in awhile and has the appearance of no knuckle

8. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Wow. Maybe channel your anger at the neighbors into creating fine pillows? [​IMG]

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I don't know if it was anger or more of an involuntary reflex.

I was counting money at Wal-Mart and this woman took it upon herself to jab me in the ribs to get my attention. There were three other people easily available, but because I was the largest, I must have looked like the "safe" option. She jabbed me and I backhanded her.

She stood there and said "That was my fault." I said "Yes it was." Then asked if I could help her.

Don't poke the bear....usually I'm a really sweet person but come into my bubble and jab me in the ribs? I may eat you for breakfast. I think my natural instinct is to jerk back and hit. If something scares me, I hit towards it. I don't have a flight response...

10. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    for brusing and pain get some Arnica relief from a health food store
    Worked great for me, not sure how, but the brusing went away in days instead of weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by