stupid mean hen!!!

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
rant.gif
i went to go pet my mean RIR hen and she pecked my rist!!!!it left a puple and red mark on it...it didnt hurt that much but i am sooooo mad at her i could kill her!!!!!
somad.gif
she is the only chicken ive ever had that has pecked me!!!! :mad:

Ouch, justino, I know what you are going through. I have a mark on my right hand...and left leg...from a rooster I am rehabing...from a broken back. UGH! Thankless little so and so!! :mad: I was so angry...I grabbed him by the neck......and kissed his little head...told him he is luck I love him!
lol.png

Quote:
yeah all i did was yell at it and pin her down
hmm.png

Wow, I never get mad when that happens. It happens, and I move on. They're chickens, they peck.

gobbles! :

Wow, I never get mad when that happens. It happens, and I move on. They're chickens, they peck.

well mine did it to be mean :mad: it walked by me and i petted it and it turned and pecked my wrist...today it pecked my foot hard through my shoe and i kicked it
roll.png
i didnt hurt it though so its no big deal u guys lol​

One of my girls started this around 10 months old. I picked her up and carried her around, which she did not like.
It stopped with me, but then started again with my four-year DD.
She responded the same way (DD says she's "teaching Charlotte whose the boss), and we rarely get pecked now.

ARG!

My hen did that last fall. I think she was really pecking at my ring but she drew blood. I was SO MAD. She pecked me another time after that, so got some 'tough love' (I did a kill-'em-with-kindness, and carried her struggling self around the yard). She was headed for soup for a little while there, though. Thankfully, she got the message.

Meghan

well mine did it to be mean

somehow, i don't think chickens have a sophisticated enough mental process to intentionally cause you anger. she did not want to be pet and reacted defensively.

i hope you and your chickens will be okay. happy healing.​

My hens bight and twist but at least they like to be around me I don't really mind it a chicken how bad can it really hurt?It my fault I like feeding them by hand an now they think my hands are made out of yogurt and scratch LOL.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom