stupid mean hen!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Justino, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG] i went to go pet my mean RIR hen and she pecked my rist!!!!it left a puple and red mark on it...it didnt hurt that much but i am sooooo mad at her i could kill her!!!!! [​IMG] she is the only chicken ive ever had that has pecked me!!!! :mad:

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ouch, justino, I know what you are going through. I have a mark on my right hand...and left leg...from a rooster I am rehabing...from a broken back. UGH! Thankless little so and so!! :mad: I was so angry...I grabbed him by the neck......and kissed his little head...told him he is luck I love him! [​IMG]

3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:yeah all i did was yell at it and pin her down [​IMG]

4. gobbles!

gobbles! Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Wow, I never get mad when that happens. It happens, and I move on. They're chickens, they peck.

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    gobbles! :

Wow, I never get mad when that happens. It happens, and I move on. They're chickens, they peck.

well mine did it to be mean :mad: it walked by me and i petted it and it turned and pecked my wrist...today it pecked my foot hard through my shoe and i kicked it [​IMG] i didnt hurt it though so its no big deal u guys lol​

6. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    One of my girls started this around 10 months old. I picked her up and carried her around, which she did not like.
    It stopped with me, but then started again with my four-year DD.
    She responded the same way (DD says she's "teaching Charlotte whose the boss), and we rarely get pecked now.

7. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    ARG!

My hen did that last fall. I think she was really pecking at my ring but she drew blood. I was SO MAD. She pecked me another time after that, so got some 'tough love' (I did a kill-'em-with-kindness, and carried her struggling self around the yard). She was headed for soup for a little while there, though. Thankfully, she got the message.

Meghan

8. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    Chickens...your old pain will be replaced by new pain.
    We DO still love them...don't we?

9. fluffhead

fluffhead Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    well mine did it to be mean

somehow, i don't think chickens have a sophisticated enough mental process to intentionally cause you anger. she did not want to be pet and reacted defensively.

i hope you and your chickens will be okay. happy healing.​

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My hens bight and twist but at least they like to be around me I don't really mind it a chicken how bad can it really hurt?It my fault I like feeding them by hand an now they think my hands are made out of yogurt and scratch LOL.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by