Stupid Nasty Fly Got Into My Bator There Are Pips

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jcfuente51, May 19, 2011.

1. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    [​IMG] these stupid nastly tiny fly got into my incubator and im afraid to take it out because there are 2 eggs with pips and im afraid to harm them would the nasty tyny fly harm my eggs or babys that are hatch or the pip eggs??? would she die with the condensation there and the hard boiled egg smell?? what should i do? [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The fly won't die and I doubt it will hurt the chicks. But you can open the bator and get the fly out, just put a warm, wet washcloth in there when you are finished.

3. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:omg there are 2 now darn it i couldnt get it out i was afraid to a humidity dropp so i close it after i coldnt and the n i put a damp towel the humidity its still good i will wait till morning i hope they die in there

4. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    One question, why is there a nasty hard boiled egg smell?? You must have a bad egg in there, The flys are probably from that...

5. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    hi. its really hot here and i keep the incubator ina barn with doors wide open and the nasty flyes always sleep here in the open wide barn/room and i have 2 vent holes in the bator and they have manage to get inthere all my eggs are good all had movemnet last time i candle, 2 days a go and the smell of hard boiled egg comes from inside the bator it always does during lockdown they tolme because of the high humidity and the 100 degrees... humidity it sat 65% to 70%

6. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG] Sorry! couldn't help it!

The flies are not going to hurt your babies. If they were outside with mommy,

I bet the chicks would encounter many more than just two of them. I wonder

what'll happen if the nasty little things hit the heat bar in the top of the

incubator ... [​IMG] Good luck!

7. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:tru tru they got out last night and i woke up to a new baby and one more pip the 4th one [​IMG]

8. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Are you sure they got out? More like a chick had a nice snack as a reward for hatching. [​IMG]

10. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:lol they may of hahaha there were 2 flys and 2 babys so yes they most likely ate them [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by