Stupid Question #5

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck15, Aug 11, 2011.

1. duck15

duck15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Philippines Makati
    it is hot here in the Philippines the temperature here is the same temperature for a duck to hatch. if a duck layed an egg and settled on it will the duck egg overheat? or will the temperature be 37 Celsius still?

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I'm pretty sure the mom would know to get off the eggs every now and then to make sure they don't overheat, as many people have chickens and ducks go broody in 100 degree weather and the eggs hatch out fine. There have been reports of broody hens and ducks dying in the heat, as they don't really take care of themselves much, so I would watch out. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Annie75

Annie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Well, this isn't really a duck answer, but my silkie chicken, Lulu, hatched chickens for me last summer and it was a million degrees. In the hottest part of the day she got up and had her food and water and a little walk. I think she instinctively moderated the temperature herself. Just make sure she can easily access her water. I wouldn't worry, poultry are experts and should know what to do. I hope you get lots of cutie babies soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by