1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stupid question(S)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henny peeny, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    I have a chicken that was told was a orlof? orloft? well I am begining to think she is a easter egger I have one of these kind bare with me here, My chicklens lay brown eggs the one easter egger lay bluish eggs so we know for a fact one is a easteregger ok now this new one I got she is laying a redfish egg and I don't know who buty I have got two near white eggs I also am getting brown eggs now the stupid question no not for the one laying bluish eggs but the one laying redish eggs could she be a easter egger? and she is young so could she lay near white eggs I think I will have to post pictures but of what I ahve said can she be laying almost white eggs when she was laying redish eggs I never had this colour before I have had my 4 chickens for a year now and the one laying the redish eggs is the newest one. So what do you all think. If a chicken is laying brown eggs and whaite eggs (the breeds of this kind to lay this kind of egg) and a chicken lays a cloloured egg that is not brown or white then it has to be a easter egger UNLESS it is a bonafied Ameracauna or of the breed to lay this sort of egg.

GEZ I am trying so hard to be understand and I feel like I am running around after my tail feathers.

Rhayden

2. stevetone

stevetone Chicken Advocate

Orloffs have a real distinct body shape, kind of like a big "Y." Easter Eggers, which are a crossbreed, can have varying body shapes, but usually are not like a big "Y." Picture would help.

A red egg is a color variation of a brown egg, really just a lightish brown. If I remember correctly, a green egg is produced starting with a blue egg and is covered with a brown bloom in the shell gland. I could be completely wrong on this...

However, I would think that whoever layed the red egg it is not an EE.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by