Stupid Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tigerkitten45, May 11, 2010.

1. tigerkitten45

tigerkitten45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    NH
    Hi again, at the risk of sounding like a complete newbie, which i am, i have a question. Can a bantam roo cover a standard hen? I am just curious as i seem to have an excess of bantam roo's but all my standards are hens, unless i have some males that hatch out of my incubator batch.

2. millie481

millie481 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2010
    Marengo, Ohio
    Absolutely! [​IMG] Mine takes care of 13 girls and is proud of it too! [​IMG] Though I must say it is comical! [​IMG] One of my girls is sitting right now and 9 out 11 have developed! [​IMG] just waiting a couple of more days to see how many actually make it to hatch day! [​IMG]

3. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Tigerkitten45

To me there are no stupid questions. I feel if you dont ask questions you won't learn anything. I also read alot. but I don't have any bantam chickens but they are cute, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to mate with standard hens.

`

4. tigerkitten45

tigerkitten45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    NH
    Oh that makes me happy! Means if i do have a bunch of bantam roos i can keep more of them as i should have a good ratio with my standards added to my bantam hens!! Of course it's going to be a while yet before i can identify them all, but i may have quite a few [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by