Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by black_fx_35, May 18, 2010.

1. black_fx_35

black_fx_35 In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Ok, new here, and just ordered our first eggs. Have an easy, stupid question. Do eggs from different breeds taste the same? I know there are size and color differences, but do they taste any different? Thanks!

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Songster

May 21, 2008
    No they are all the same, I always tell my egg customers they are like people, different on the outside the same on the inside! I am assuming you meant you ordered your first chicks not eggs right?

3. black_fx_35

black_fx_35 In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote:Thanks for the quick response....and yes, your assumption is correct...ordered our first chicks! Now just have to wait until July 26th to get them...which means we likely wont get our first eggs until 2011!!!

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Crowing

Apr 4, 2010
    I have chickens and turkeys, I heard the turkey eggs taste different by my family and friends I have been too chicken to try the turkey eggs to see. Some like the turkey eggs and some don't.

I know you said taste and I don't really notice a difference in taste here with the following but.....I have RIR eggs and one easter egger and I like the ee eggs better the yolk is richer fuller it does not break as easy so it is stronger and produces a better product fluffier scrambled eggs for example...imo....I heard the same with duck eggs but have not tried duck eggs either.

5. DaKid

DaKid Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    [​IMG] 1st thing is this [​IMG] The only stupid question is the one that is not ask [​IMG] so if ur asking it's not stupid

2 all chickens eggs taste the same where there white- brown - creamy coloring - DK. brown - green- or even blue , it that different breeds of chickens lay different color eggs [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by