1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stupid Rooster Being Stubidly Mean!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sebrite_97, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Sebrite_97

Sebrite_97 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Jacksonville Fl.
    My dumb old roo is at it again. he thinks he is the boss of me. he has been reel eesy and nice to me, but still very timid wen im in the coop. all of the sudden today, he tried to killme wen i waz givin them some fruit!!! wat i tink is reel embarrasing is dat i published a "How to make ur roo nice" page! ( link down on bottom [​IMG] ) Also... i dnt wanna kill da roo. or giv him away. hes my only breeder. Any advice? PLEEZ!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=242680

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    You could try squirting him with water when he shows signs of aggression.
    Is he a bantam or a standard?

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I used to keep a small squirt bottle of water hanging on the door to the pen, just for that purpose. Eventually all I had to do was hold the bottle and the roo would back off... I've got water and I'm not afraid to use it!!!!

4. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I have the meanest rooster that was ever hatched. I sectioned off a safe, secure, solitary-confinement place for him in the barn, and that's where he's going to spend the rest of his life. He ain'ta never gonna come outa there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by