stupid university

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Sep 14, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    as we all know, pittsburgh will be hosting the g20 conference next week. so far, none of my professors has cancelled classes, despite the fact that roads are going to be awful, and just to increase the fun, they will be holding dinners and such on the university campus, so large areas of the campus will be restricted. but apparently that is no reason to cancel classes, right [​IMG]
    any ideas for how to get to classes next week?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Jet pack? Hovercraft?

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    If your university is like mine, your professors likely can't cancel classes unless the university does so first.
    We have a 15 week semester. I have things planned for every class period. Cancelling even one day puts my class behind and we have to rush through things. Rushing doesn't really encourage a strong learning environment. [​IMG]

Add an extra hour to your time. Know that parking will stink and allow for it. At our campus, parking is no problem until about 9:30am. If you arrive on campus after that point you absolutely cannot find a parking space. I tell my kids that rotten parking is no excuse for missing class or being late. We all just know that it stinks. Plan for it. It's no big deal to get to campus early (other than being a pain to get up early). You can always go grab a coffee at the student center or get some studying done the library (or hit up a computer and play on BYC for that extra hour! [​IMG] ).

I know it's a real pain when outside events mess up the routine. I'm sorry and I do understand the frustration. [​IMG]

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    other nearby universities cancelled classes for that week quite early on, and I'm just upset that our university cares so little about commuters that they don't bother to think "well, if they don't live on campus, they'll probably have trouble getting here. maybe we should cancel classes."

... sigh...

now i'm off to find that hovercraft. where could I have put it? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by