Stupid UV radiation >.<

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Ahhhh I feel like someone put me in a toatser and left me in there for like three hours. I. WILL. NEVER. GO. TO. THE. BEACH. AGAIN. [​IMG]

2. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]
    Chickengal505 looks like this smiley....

3. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Quote:Yes I do [​IMG] My friend said it looks like a tomato puked on me, and another started calling me a lamato. He said lobster doesnt cover it, and neather does tomato so they had a baby [​IMG]

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I hope it clears up for you soon, I hate being sunburned, ugh!

5. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Soak towels in cool water, then place over burned areas, replace when towel is warm. If you are that red early, get Gatorade in, you are likely dehydrated. If you blister or get dizzy, go to the ER or Dr. Get better from a naggy mom!

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    A lady told me at walmart... [​IMG] to put vinegar on sunburns. She said her gram taught her that and it always took the pain away....
    Let me know if it works... [​IMG]

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:AWWWW... memories.

I had this date, our second date in fact. I wasn't sure if the guy could hang, and a surf camping weekend was already planned, so I brought him along. Worst Road trip ever. Driver got lost, the 3 hour drive took 6. We got there, and the guy who was supposed to get the campsite, blew it off, and went surfing figuring we'd grab it at 4 when we were supposed to show. [​IMG] We get there, no campsite, and the stores are closed. Our cousin wanted to cook (we later realized i'd done all the cooking for a reason!), utterly unediable stew, soo much salt was in it the pacific was milder. So we did what all college kids do when faced with a bad, trip, began drinking. Next AM we're all pretty hung over, we get to the beach and lay down to ease out headaches (we were short a few boards, so we were going in shifts). 3 hours later i wake up alightly pink. I look over and my date is BLISTERED all over. Apperantly irish boys don't tan. [​IMG] We had to drive him home and to the hospital, and behold 3rd degree sunburns and sun poisioning. IV's a stay in the hospital and 5 weeks of being unable to walk while the new sking grew back. I was fairly certain I wasn't getting a 3rd date. But i felt so bad i'd stop by before and after work to cook him meals and pour aloe into his re-growing skin. We've been married 12 years now. I still go to the beach weekly, while he's at the office.

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    *very carefuly hugs* [​IMG]

that stinks. take some vitamin e it helps with skin healing

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Yea, some people dont have much pigment in there skin an burn easy. Others have lots an never burn.

Me being one who does not burn had to learn this the hard way when I took 6 light skinned kids out on the river for a day an...... Well lets say it was not pretty.

10. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    Aloe vera is good relief. Even though you can buy it, if you have an aloe plant, a few leaves and just apply the chlorophyll to your skin.

Hate sunburns, I'm covered in freckles cause I just do not tan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by