Stupid Young Adults

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jan 18, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

18, 19, 20 and 21 - two stepkids, one fiancee and one friend headed to Big Bear Friday night. We TOLD them some back on Saturday night, Sunday morning at the latest. Did they??? NO!!! And now what? The roads are closed due to ice and snow. They are just danged lucky they have a place to stay up there. However, now FOUR people are someone elses problem! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    [​IMG] That sounds exactly like something my 23 yr old sister and her hubby would do.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sigh. Sad to say, sounds like something my older children would do as well. Thank goodness they have a safe place though.

4. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    I have some for that category too. To be sure, when we were that young, we would never have done those foolish things, would we?????[​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are sooo mad at them for not listening. They get a good talking to when the come home. How dare they put themselves in a position to be a burden to someone else!!!! Makes me so mad that they NEVER think of others.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Geeze from the looks of our forecast over the next week they may be up there more than a day or two. Good they have some place to stay.

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I remember being young and invincible.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] Let's run away and pretend the kids don't exist,,,, at least until they find us!

9. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] And, unless they get chains, they aren't coming down for a few days. The big storm is Thursday!

To you.... [​IMG]
    To them... [​IMG]

10. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Um, being 18 or 19, and being snowed in with a couple other 18-21 year olds sounds like a party to me... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by