Styrofoam!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JakRat, Dec 4, 2009.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    gah! I saw one of my girls running around with something just now and I thought that it was a yard mushroom... when I went out to get it it turned out to be styrofoam! No idea how that got in our yard but she did eat a bit of it and another 2 got a bit of a nibble... stupid creatures! Is there anything I should do about this?

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
  3. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    Yep, styrofoam is like chicken popcorn - they love it, especially when they are watching movies in the coop with a pirated signal from your satellite TV... [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    They'll be fine

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It will pass.
    I think they just like to get a rise from us. They like the attention and fuss we make over them when they do something stupid.
    Mine ate a a rubber band. She has more spring in her step.
    I made sure she had oyster shell to help grind it up.
    But she got me all worked up too. Ridiculous bird.

6. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    LOL [​IMG] ok I feel better now! geez im going to be one mess of a mom when i have kids if i am making such a fuss ovef my girls!

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    No, Kids have the opposite problem. They won't eat anything...until they become teenagers.

8. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    When I first started hatching a few years ago I had a hova-bator. The chicks in the brooder soon grew and not thinking I left the incubator in the new coop where I turned the started birds into. The next morning all I had left was the heating element and some plastic parts.All chickens were fine but the hova-bator was no more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by