Sub-tropical chooks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cwrite, Jul 24, 2014.

1. cwrite

cwrite Songster

Mar 12, 2014
    Queensland, Australia
    I've had chickens since Valentine's day this year and all five are laying regularly now. The last two days I've put the eggs aside for my neighbours closest to the run. I'm going to go over with the kids after school to give them ten beautiful eggs & find out how they feel about having chickens next door. Since I've had them for a while & keep their run & coop in good order we have no smell or flies - barring one bad experience with sand in the coop that was dealt with quickly. It's winter here so I have yet to see how summer goes but hopefully they don't feel negatively about the chooks. Wish me luck.

2. ChookRanger

ChookRanger Chirping

Jun 25, 2014
    Good luck! They might just like the eggs so much they will come around every week.

3. cwrite

cwrite Songster

Mar 12, 2014
    Queensland, Australia
    Thanks ChookRanger. : )

It's all good. [​IMG] The eggs were delivered & received nicely. Our neighbour isn't the most talkative lady I've met, but the chickens don't bother her & it didn't look like she thought backyard chook eggs are inedible for any reason. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about her coming around for eggs though, which I'm quite alright with. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: