Submissive Squat - Eggs Soon?

flawedglitch

Chirping
Jun 7, 2022
We picked up a pair of pullets to add to our younger flock a couple weeks back, estimated ~14-16 weeks of age (closest estimate we have!). This puts them around 17-21 weeks of age, as of now.

Noticed today when doing a once-over on Licorice, our black EE x Appenzeller cross, that she has started squatting when I approach her from behind!

This is a huge change from her usual flighty behavior (they were free range, before). Her comb is getting pretty red, as well. Just wondering opinions on if she might lay soon! Super excited to see her egg color!

Attachments

• 20F1E88A-7508-4491-B1FE-A129CECC00B9.jpeg
    20F1E88A-7508-4491-B1FE-A129CECC00B9.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 31
We picked up a pair of pullets to add to our younger flock a couple weeks back, estimated ~14-16 weeks of age (closest estimate we have!). This puts them around 17-21 weeks of age, as of now.

Noticed today when doing a once-over on Licorice, our black EE x Appenzeller cross, that she has started squatting when I approach her from behind!

This is a huge change from her usual flighty behavior (they were free range, before). Her comb is getting pretty red, as well. Just wondering opinions on if she might lay soon! Super excited to see her egg color!
I have one that did that a month ago and still waiting for her first egg...

Back
Top Bottom