Subscribing issues

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Kusanar, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Kusanar

Kusanar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.
    I have recently been having trouble with the subscribe button. On a few threads now I have clicked subscribe and it tells me it failed to create the subscription... I have tried 2 different computers on both Firefox and IE and have the same results. I DID manage to get one to subscribe finally, I think I tried it on my Kindle. But this has happened on every thread I've tried to subscribe to lately.

Any ideas?

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    I don't know what's going on but if you are having trouble, posting in a thread automatically subscribes you to it.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We're looking into it. Can you post the exact error / message it gives you. A screenshot would be even better if possible.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you go into your account preferences, you can change your subscription preferences. I just peeked at yours and it is set to automatic.

Go to Profile>Edit Account Details>Notifications and Subscriptions>Default Subscription Frequency
    There you can change it and hit "Save".

5. Kusanar

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.
    Actually, I know that's how it's supposed to work, but it won't let me subscribe to this thread and I had to come check to see if there were any replies because it didn't tell me.

6. Kusanar

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.

7. Kusanar

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by