Suburban Rooster Update good news!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hcammack, Nov 3, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    So its week two after getting my rooster while my parents where away. It seems to be working well he is locked up at some point during the night and goes into the shed. I take him out to greet the day at 7am and he crows up a storm for an hour and a half while people are leaving for work or school and then he is quite the rest of the day. I haven't had anyone complain and the neighbors all seem alright with it!!! I am excited I can sell hatching eggs and I am getting and incubator [​IMG] I am also getting 2 new girlfriends for him one of the pullets I got him with died but I am really exited to get him some more girls. I will have a flock of 6 Black Ameraucana then! He will also be used to make olive eggers with my BCM Marans, Blue Copper Marans, and Wellsummers.

Henry

2. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    [​IMG]

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks fuffy

4. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
  5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:[​IMG] THOSE ARE THE BIRDS I HAVE!!!! I was interested and I got them and I am going to pick up two more pullets soon! Good Call

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm happy for you, Henry.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks cyn its really fun I never realized what I was missing out on now having a rooster he is beauiful and entertaining.

Henry

8. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    i hope u put that show quality rooster to good use if u were not gonna grab them i was considering it

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Oh I am going for it I don't have time to show now but he will be breeding like a madman! I am even considering having a two SQ pullets shipped from Texas to meet up with him. Let me know if you want me to hatch some chicks or if you want eggs when the girls start to lay.

Henry

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Henry that's so cool! I'm getting a Blue Wheaten Roo from Jean next week to go with my W/BW pullets! Maybe we could do a hatching egg swap!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by