Success FINALLY

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Downinmyback, May 27, 2008.

1. Downinmyback

Downinmyback In the Brooder

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    I set 12 eggs and already have two chicks. Theis is only day 20 and already chick GREAT. This is my second try at hatching eggs and i didnot get any the first time.I have a LG forced air and my DW saw that the temp was down to 98 so she turned it up to 130 degree and killed all of the eggs. I hope i get more to hatch but it is hard to see in the window from all of the humidity there. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Songster

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Congratulations!!!! Crossing my fingers for more hatches!
    It confuses me why on earth those bators should be able to get that hot..but what do I know--- It's why I have a Hovabator Genesis on it's way to me as I type---- to avoid mistakes - Just load, poor and leave alone!!!

3. Downinmyback

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    I am now up to 5 chicks out of 12. Since today is day 20 will any more hatch later.

4. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    You bet ya. It could be a couple of days. Keep the bator closed. congrads. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Downinmyback

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    Thank You for the reply. I used the egg carton method and found that it worked great. I have removed the 5 chicks and placed under a brooder light. They have already drank water and i cutup a old boiled egg and placed it in the box and they have already eaten so i feel good about their survuval.

6. Downinmyback

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    I am now up to 6 chicks and hoping for more lol

7. Jubaby

Jubaby Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Sounds like the hatch is going great. Congratulations!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Downinmyback

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    I have a question i hope that i can get a reply to.Yesterday i had 6 hatch today so far i have had 1. today
    How many days does a hatch cover? Today is day 21 so how many more days should i wait til i throw the other eggs in the trash?

9. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Songster

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Congrats!! We are on day 23 and are still hatching, so don't throw any away for a few more days unless they smell bad. You always give them another quick candling as well to see if anyone is moving around or peeping in there! [​IMG]

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by