Success FINALLY

Downinmyback

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
West TN
I set 12 eggs and already have two chicks. Theis is only day 20 and already chick GREAT. This is my second try at hatching eggs and i didnot get any the first time.I have a LG forced air and my DW saw that the temp was down to 98 so she turned it up to 130 degree and killed all of the eggs. I hope i get more to hatch but it is hard to see in the window from all of the humidity there. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Congratulations!!!! Crossing my fingers for more hatches!
It confuses me why on earth those bators should be able to get that hot..but what do I know--- It's why I have a Hovabator Genesis on it's way to me as I type---- to avoid mistakes - Just load, poor and leave alone!!!

You bet ya. It could be a couple of days. Keep the bator closed. congrads.
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
bun.gif

Thank You for the reply. I used the egg carton method and found that it worked great. I have removed the 5 chicks and placed under a brooder light. They have already drank water and i cutup a old boiled egg and placed it in the box and they have already eaten so i feel good about their survuval.

I have a question i hope that i can get a reply to.Yesterday i had 6 hatch today so far i have had 1. today
How many days does a hatch cover? Today is day 21 so how many more days should i wait til i throw the other eggs in the trash?

Congrats!! We are on day 23 and are still hatching, so don't throw any away for a few more days unless they smell bad. You always give them another quick candling as well to see if anyone is moving around or peeping in there!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom