Success! I have a pip and dancing eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peruvian_princess, Jun 4, 2008.

1. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I am soo very egg-cited LOL! I have one egg that has pipped and some are dancing around LOL! This is my first hatch so it is looking good especially for day 19! Woo-hoo!

2. chickenmonkey

chickenmonkey Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    ontario, canada
    gee I thought I was the only one with dancing eggs with two days to go!!! I never knew that they did this (this is my very first hatch) i have no pips as of yet though :| but I'll be checking from now on
    Kristy

3. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Yeah! Good luck with the hatch and keep us posted with plenty of pictures.

4. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Yeah I know this is my first hatch too so i was looking fo them to start moving around. ONly one has pipped thus far but several are moving around.

Thanks for the wish of good luck I will defintaley keep you posted and post pictures of them.

5. chickenmonkey

chickenmonkey Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    ontario, canada
    What kind of eggs are you waiting on? Mine are polish buffs. not a very useful chicken...but they are cute. I want to get a roo for my "Hard working girls...but haven't found the right boy yet." I once put a silkie roo in and they were on him pretty bad....not sure why Im so new at all this I have only had chickens for a year now

6. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I am waiting on RIRs and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. Yeah it gets tricky but I was able to introduce my RIR roo after the hens were about 6 months old with no problems. I guess it just depends on the bird itself. Was your silkie smaller than the hens?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by