1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Successful Hatch! No Drowned Chicks!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wsdareme, Jul 20, 2010.

1. wsdareme

wsdareme Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    My 7th and last egg hatched a few minutes ago, and all 7 are happily chirping away in the brooder. After losing 4 of 7 in my first hatch, I started taking the chicks out of the incubator as soon as the first couple had hatched. No problems this time. I have a Brinsea Mini Advance, and the humidity skyrockets when the eggs start to hatch. The paper towel I put under the eggs before the started to hatch was SOAKED after the first chick hatched. Does anyone else have that problem? Last time none of the chicks dried out, and the more that hatched, the wetter they got. Looks like they're all going to be fine this time. Whew!!!!! [​IMG]

2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Songster

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Congrats! Pics, please![​IMG]

3. Congratulations on a terrific hatch! I'd love to see pics of the chicklets!

4. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Songster

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    YAY! Congrats. I third the pics [​IMG]

5. wsdareme

wsdareme Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    Okay, here are some pics!

This one shows the high humidity during the hatch:
    [​IMG]

Here is the last chick -- I moved it to the brooder right after hatching:
    [​IMG]

And here is the happy group! All seven of them. 4 are Splash or Blue Marans, and the 3 dark chicks are Ameraucanas:
    [​IMG]

6. rhaj

rhaj Songster

May 30, 2010
    NE'ern Connecticut
    awww cute! congrats! [​IMG]

do you think they are nervous about the "Chef's Choice" sign near them? haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: