1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Successful Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 7L Farm, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Yup my best ever hatch> Yee Haw!! I put 36 eggs in my Brinsea 40 Dx. This bator is a jewel. I was hatching from my stock for a customer that wanted some chicks. Well, lock down finally arrived so I take out the dividers & noticed a crack in an egg didn't look like a pip. I thought to myself what happened anyway I added water a few ripped up fresh sponges & sprayed the eggs a little bit with water because one had cracked I thought. I let them all hatch this time no opening the bator for more water are any other stupid reason I usually come up with. I got 30 out of 36 not one casualty. The chicks were all big healthy fuzzy butts. The egg that was cracked hatched as well. The End.

2. wrestling_mom

wrestling_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    [​IMG] YAY!!

Quote:

3. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Congratulations! A very successful hatch, and with a cracked egg, too! [​IMG]

4. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    "The end" for that successful batch. How long before you try again? Chater 1. Load the incubator and start over. Chicken math at work.
    Glad to hear that you had a super hatch.

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Good job [​IMG]

6. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Think I might take some time off I've hatched 6 times this year already.

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't even have my chicks yet and I want to hatch eggs!!! This is so addicting!!!!

8. TripTrapMtnHomestead

TripTrapMtnHomestead Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Western NC
    so you left all the chicks in until all were done hatching? you didn't move any to the brooder?
    congrats!!

9. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Yes, that is correct. I usually open it to move chicks to the brooder as you mentioned because it gets crowded in there. I started thinking why do this they get in the brooder & snuggle just like their in the bator.

10. TripTrapMtnHomestead

TripTrapMtnHomestead Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Western NC
    our incubator the heating element is low. they bump their little heads into it. so i moved them when they started doing that. i'm going to look at your model.
    thanks!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by