successful incubation of black swan eggs

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by ShadyGlade, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone out there successfully incubated black swan eggs? I have five eggs already and really can't let them do it themselves since our weather is currently swinging between subzero and low double digits. This is the first year that I have had them in their breeding season and their former owner never tried to hatch anything due to their (young) age. I have no broody geese at this time or I'd probably go that route. HELP:he

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  3. austin12895

austin12895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Would you ever sell swan Eggs?? IF you would, i would be so interested. I've always wanted to hatch swan eggs but could never find them.

4. Fabiana Smith

Fabiana Smith New Egg

Apr 26, 2012
  5. Amanda Patrick

Amanda Patrick Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Indiana
    YES! it was our first batch of eggs from our swans. the mother got eaten from a coyote so we went and got the two eggs from the nest. we put them in the bator and prayed bc the first time we incubated my peafowl eggs and failed to have them hatch. they were fully developed inside. out of the two we hatched one and everyone wa shocked we dwere able to. we had the tsc incubator and manually turned the eggs everytime we thought about it. the temperature was set for the peafowl eggs and we had no way to check humidity. we just put the "x" and 'o' on the sides to make sure they were turned properly.

just good luck bc we havent done it since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by