Successful Integration!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Barred Babies, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all your help with our integrating out chickens!! It's been 2 weeks today and everything went great!!

I started with adding another roosting area just to make sure there was plenty. We put each one on the roost after my 4 older ones already went to roost after dark. A few kept getting down and getting on the garbage can but we kept going out there and putting them back up. The next day we watched them closely and they had their normal (I guess) pecking and stuff!! One of my hens was the queen "B" for sure but since I added 15 to the 4 there wasn't one in particular that she concentrated on. Now 2 weeks later you'd think they've always been together no problems at all.

I really freaked last night cause I let them all out (first time all of them left their coop) and went out after dark to close the door and of course I do a head count and one was missing.. I get the flashlight and finally find her in the back of the coop. Guess it got dark and she didn't know where to go.

Anyway just wanted to say "Thanks" again to all that helped!

Missi

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Congratulations!!!

3. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice to hear it went well. I added 2 to 4 and it was aweful. NEVER again. Reading your post has given me hope if I ever get a silly idea to add more chickens.

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Thanks....

Missi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by