Such a good mama

Sierra67

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
She’s such a good girl, year and a half old I think? First time broody, all four of her duck eggs are growing at the same rate and wiggling around now day 9 And she’s gentle with me when I stick my hands in, she doesn’t peck me or anything just her funny sounds
So excited... not that I needed 4 more ducks at all

Last edited:
I've never seen such a friendly broody. My silkie turned into 2 pounds of pure terror when she went broody, blasting my hand if I went anywhere near her. Had to protect the eggs with the back of my hand to try to sneak them under her.

Cute girl! I have broody hen currently too. She went broody back in April and hatched out 6 chicks. I’m surprised she went broody again so soon. She is a FBCM. She’s a fairly friendly broody. She does peck me sometimes but it’s not too bad. Last time she went broody I noticed that she didn’t really start pecking me until her chicks hatched. She makes noises at me too.

Sweet girl! I've got a first timer due to hatch two eggs today or tomorrow who is sweet like this - a dark Brahma, only a year old. One of my Buff Orpingtons was broody earlier this year and was a little more growly but still not a pecker. I've heard so much about broody rage that it was surprising not to see any!
Can't wait to see your girl's ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom