Such a wonderful surprise!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LoveMyChicks2, Oct 22, 2009.

1. LoveMyChicks2

LoveMyChicks2 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    Raeford, North Carolina
    I've not been on-line since August (talk about withdrawals). We got our first eggs on 3 Oct 09. The reason I remember the date so well is because it was my husband's 2nd day home on R&R from Iraq. The kids were so egg-cited. We have 12 RIR and 4 BRs. We have collected around 20 eggs since then. The wonderful thing I wanted to share is that this morning my children went out and came running back to the house yelling "come see, come see." My 9 yr old daughters RIR (Fluffy) was sitting in her nest box laying an egg at that very moment. Everyone was so happy and joyful and I was having the time of my life watching the smiles on my kids' faces. I never realized chickens could be such a joy. I mean I've always loved them (memories from my Grandma's farm), but I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids and school them as I see fit and then to be able to stop and just soak up the beauty of God's creation. Now Hubby is back in Iraq with only 6 more months until he is home to stay.

Sorry about the rambling but I just had to share.

God Bless the children, the chickens and our troops!

2. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    That is a great surprise! Your girls were just as happy to see your Hubby home as you were [​IMG]

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG]

4. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Awesome! I'm glad you shared.[​IMG]

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What a great experience for the kids! Congrats!

Shelly

6. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    That's so great! [​IMG]

7. lavacaw

lavacaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Congratulations...my son was a proud member of the 82nd Airborne and I spent many weeks in your area. He has been transferred to Ft Sam Houston so is much closer to home and can enjoy MY chickens. Tell your DH thanks from all of us when you talk to him next. You sound very blessed and we will keep you in our prayers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by