Such thing as honest business deal anymore?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hatchaholic, Nov 21, 2008.

1. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Animal transaction gone bad... Is it just me, or do you really want to believe the person you are doing business with is honest and forthcoming? I swear, I am so tired of ending up on the short end of the stick for taking someone at their word. If I misled others like this, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I truly believe you should be able to get what you pay for, and not find out weeks later that you were hoodwinked!!

Sorry...had to vent.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

What the heck happened?

3. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Haven't had an animal transaction go bad yet, but like "yappy fingers" [​IMG] asked.....What happened?

4. hatchaholic

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Not to put too much detail out there (it's a small world and BYC has so many members...) but I bought what I thought was a registered animal for a price suitable for a registered animal. This animal was already not in the best of health, but not so bad that it couldn't be overcome. Well, I find out now that it's not registered yet, and there is a possibility that it won't be able to be registered.

I bought this solely for breeding registered offspring. Now, I've got time and money invested in something that might not be of any use to me. (It's not a pet.)

I just wish people would be forthcoming and truthful. I guess I am too trusting.

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Cant you get a refund? I would try to work out something to get your money back

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Having owned animals for my whole life, I have been on the bad end of a deal more than I care to recall. [​IMG] I guess I was just way to trusting. I have gotten much more careful as I have gotten older! [​IMG]

7. hatchaholic

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    The person assured me once the paperwork was sent in, the animal would be registered. But, I've since learned, that there are other factors involved. I was told that I could get another animal, but they all are in the same situation. It is all dependent on how soon paperwork gets submitted and approved. Please keep your fingers crossed it works out. [​IMG]

I have a legal right to a refund if the animal doesn't get registered, but in the meantime, I'm incurring lots of expenses...

8. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Goat, pig, horse, cow, What?

9. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I Totally agree I Have been taken so many times in the 7 years i've had birds and i too wonder how they sleep at night.
    Where are the morals of these that just want to make a buck [​IMG]

Sorry you had to go through this [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A thought to remember in the future. If the papers don't come with the animal, chances are it is not pure bred and won't be able to be registered. There should be copies of the registration papers for both parents and a blank registration form for the baby animal with the breed, dob, etc., already filled in. You fill in your information and the registered name and send it in.

I am sorry you are dealing with - is there a way to get your money back?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by