Today, around 6:30, I went out to the coop and saw little Cricket, the 2 month old Dutch pullet, happily hopping in the food bowl. An hour later, I went out again to get a jacket I left out there and she was dead. No peck marks, no wounds or blood, no broken bones, and no sign of any illness. Her one problem was that her crop has always been on top of her shoulder, not under her neck, which was a genetic issue, and never caused any problems before. Could she have swallowed a small rock, gotten it stuck in her weird crop, and then choked or had her crop burst? There was mud and bits of half-digested food on her beak. That's the only explanation I came up with... Thanks in advance!