Sudden Death Syndrome

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ameraucanas, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    Hello! I am studying to be a vet, and I want to know anything and everything about Sudden Death Syndrome. Warning signs, treatment, postmortems, etc. Thanks!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    In my experience, they are fine, then a few hours later, as dead as a doornail [​IMG]I guess if we knew more, we'd call it something else. Im only joking - not intending to seem mean or rude (just a rather silly SOH, sorry).

I can only assume that because chickens are relatively inexpensive, even the commercial chicken companies are not too financially inspired to support research into this kind of wastage. When you qualify, stay on at uni and do some research (just share your findings here first ok? [​IMG]). I'm sorry that i cannot add anything more constructive - maybe other members can?

All the best

CT

3. Ameraucanas

May 15, 2015
    LOL! I actually want to be a farm animal vet, so that might permit some research. Thanks for helping! It is a very strange condition that no one knows anything about...I was just thinking that some of you chicken experts could help me! [​IMG] This is sudden death syndrome-[​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Thanks for taking my silliness in the spirit in which it was meant [​IMG]

Cheers
    CT

5. Ameraucanas

May 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by