Sudden death

ItsjustMxrgan

Hatching
Apr 2, 2023
Last night I was doing my daily night-check and found my chicken peanut lying on the ground unable to walk (( legs stretched out and wings too )) She was making a croaking noise as she was breathing.. she was perfectly fine 2 hours ago! She showed no signs of anything wrong till last night. I tried to get her up and give her some things to boost her. When I got her to stand up her legs would split and she would fall back on her side. I tried to feel for anything like a stuck egg but I couldn’t feel anything. There was nothing else I could do. So I just prayed and hoped everything would be fine in the morning..

Anyways skip to morning and she’s dead :(
I really need help finding out what could’ve made her die so sudden and that she won’t spread it to the rest of the flock.

Thanks

Does this sound like a choking incident to anybody? The croaking, limbs outstretched in distress?
At the time I thought of that too and checked her throat for any blockage but there was nothing…
I looked up what it might’ve been and it said it could be that she had fluid in her lungs

The only way you would know as mentioned is either send the bird to State lab or do yourself. Have your birds been vaccinated for anything?
When I bought her as a chick the store said they were vaccinated. She’s 2 years old now and had never been sick before till now.

Does this sound like a choking incident to anybody? The croaking, limbs outstretched in distress?
@ItsjustMxrgan
I had a chicken that had these conditions, croaking, gasping, (I forgot if it was pale or a deep red color) irregular colored comb. She was crouching though, and waddling in distress. She had fluid in her lungs.
Another one was choking on a ‘rope’ of long grass she’d eaten. She had the same conditions, except her movements were limited because she was in the ‘sick hen’ cage.

Back
Top Bottom