Sudden Death

Willie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Spring brook Pa.
I have found chickens dead in their coop the last few days, But The first one I found was about 4 months ago when I found my silkie rooster dead. Then again about 3 weeks ago I found a 6 week old that just died, Then yesterday I found 2 more dead which is about 12 weeks old and found 2 more this morning dead.. And all of these chickens was doing fine the day before. The 2 that I found this morning was vaccinated at the Hatchery which was about 12 weeks old also.. I just don't know what to look for at this point .. I am hoping someone who has had the same problem can help point me in the right direction

Wow, I'm so sorry.

Is someone poisoning them? Maybe they are eating a moldy substance in the coop?

This is not normal and I hope someone can help.

We just moved them to a different coop yesterday that they was in the day before that the other 2 died in, After it was cleaned well.. I looked them over but didn't see anything strange. I have no black widows, vampire bats here in NE Pa. And found no signs of struggle. The last 2 was my NAKED NECK TURKENS that I just got this past june from a Hatchery. At first I was thinking it was my Guineas doing something to them but I had my Guineas locked up yesterday as they was always picking on my smaller chickens

I heard that feed salt make sudden death.

Pardon?
hu.gif

Sorry about your chickens...
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom