Sudden Red Bump on Rabbit Leg (I'm New to Rabbits!)

Duckstruck

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2016
East Tennessee
Hello!
I have a 2 year old male Mini Rex rabbit who lives in a large run outdoors with his brother and some poultry. Both of them are hardly tame, but as he was walking I noticed a red bump on top of his fur on the underside of his hind leg. I eventually got him and tried to hold him still, and examined his foot.
It was a raised bump and about a fourth of my pinky finger. He walks fine, but I noticed the bump today and wanted to know how urgent it was. I'll try to convince my parents to take him to the vet, but he acts wild and hates for people (me and probably including vets) to sit him still. This is the only problem I've had with my rabbits for about two years. What should I do?

Today when I saw it, it looked like it was draining pus (It wasn't doing that yesterday)
IMG_2835.jpg

As I tried to hold him still, I must've flaked the scab off on accident on my finger. There was no more bump.
IMG_2839.jpg
(top part, external)
IMG_2840.jpg
(bottom part, internal)
It didn't bleed, and I didn't see anymore pus come from it. I think maybe it was just a scab from something he scratched. I have a feeling it will heal over, but will it?
This was his foot after the scab came off.
IMG_2836.jpg

Back
Top Bottom