Suddenly weak Buff Rooster Hes all better! Pictures!

*Edit* Look at the bottom of this post, under the sick pictures. He is all better!!!

he is about 7-8 weeks old (Buff Orph) and just suddenly got weak. Like full out, im on the ground and not moving weak. is crop is empty, but he eat's a little when I put him in front of food.
His poo looks normal, a little watery but that is it. He is peeping, not a distress call, but just a little pathetic please help me mom peep...
Is is possible that its just a mixture of the heat and lack of food since I was just told that my DH forgot to feed them this morning? They have grass, and when I looked they had some food just not a ton.
I have a horrible suspicion that it might be Maric's. I got him and 6 others from the Feed store, I assumed they were vaccinated when we ordered them as they said they were.
If it is Marics will I have to cull all of them?
What should I do to help Mr. Fuzzy! And yes that's his name, and yes that is my kitchen counter and cooking things...
Here are some pictures if it helps. One of him laying down and one of him standing.
86121_mr_fuzzy_003.jpg

86121_mr_fuzzy_002.jpg

And now hes all better! He even helped me prepare chicken noodle soup
big_smile.png
Everyone thought it was a tad ironic >.>
86121_hes_ok_001.jpg

My Poor Mr. Fuzzy has been threw so much..No idea what happened, but at least he is ok, and he is even starting to get color back into his comb!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they free range? just looking at the picture makes me thinkl Botulism, could he have gotten into something moldy? wet feed? rotting something?

Quote:
They kinda free range, they are in a little coop that we move around.
Botulism? It is a possibility, they kick the feed around in the water, so it can get wet and go bad?
How do i treat it if it is that?

I'm wondering if there could be something wrong with his feed. I think sudden weakness could mean moldy food so the first thing to do is remove it.

How is your roo doing this morning? If you think it could be Botulism start giving him 1 tablespoon of epsom salt in a gallon of water, probably have to be warm water to get it mixed real well then if he's not drinking on his own take a syringe w/o needle and dribble it along his beak where his mouth opens. doing this as often as you can. the mixture will help to flush out the toxins. All the best. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=207448

Quote:
Ive cleaned out the coop completely and switched and washed the food, he is doing better. he still is a little bit weak and his comb is still pale. But he is standing now ans eating and drinking fine, ill mix the epsom salt mix just to be on the safe side.
Thank you very much!!!!

Quote:
Ive cleaned out the coop completely and switched and washed the food, he is doing better. he still is a little bit weak and his comb is still pale. But he is standing now ans eating and drinking fine, ill mix the epsom salt mix just to be on the safe side.
Thank you very much!!!!

Thats great news, if you decide to give vits or electrolytes, wait till after doing the epsom salt in his water, I read your to give the Ep. salt water for like 4 hrs. so then you could go to the electrolyes or vitamins. Please keep us informed on how he is doing,
fl.gif

Quote:
Thank you very much!!!!

Thats great news, if you decide to give vits or electrolytes, wait till after doing the epsom salt in his water, I read your to give the Ep. salt water for like 4 hrs. so then you could go to the electrolyes or vitamins. Please keep us informed on how he is doing,
fl.gif

Ok, I gave him the Espom salts. and cooked him an egg for some protein, and he is up and peeping at me so this is good! My Poor Mr. Fuzzy's comb is still pale though.
Ill make a post with pictures tonight so you guys can see how hes doing!

Back
Top Bottom