1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Suede Babies update W/ Pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by herechickchick, Oct 23, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    The little ones are doing great and growing fast. They are by far the largest, sturdiest, healthy Chicks I have ever had.

This is my big boy (I fell certain that he is a boy). He is a very pretty blue color and he is GIANT, I am serious he is as big if not bigger than a base ball and they are only 3 weeks old!

[​IMG]

The other three are Black (I know they look dark blue but don't fall for my crappy camera, they are black) These three a smaller than blue boy, but they are very inquisitive. One jumped off the coffee table and ran all over the living room, the dogs went nuts! Here are 2 of them (the third is a little camera shy).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are pics. of the dogs for fun!

Stormy and Leopold, the retired racing greyhounds

[​IMG]

And Margo

[​IMG]

And last but not least MONTE!

[​IMG]

HOPE YOU ENJOYED! [​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    All of them are very lovely! [​IMG]

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Gorgeous babies, all of them!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn

4. First-time-raising

First-time-raising Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Mid - Michigan
    Love the chicks really pretty, And the dogs are pretty cute too.

Thanks for the pics.

5. smnytx

smnytx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2007
    The chicks are cuties, but your DOGS ARE GORGEOUS!

Greyhounds, or whippets? I had a beautiful white whippet named Peaches that went off to doggie heaven at the ripe age of 14 (skin cancer).

Love to watch them run! They snooze the rest of the time, right?

I can only imagine them with the chicks - too funny!

6. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:I am sorry to hear that. Stormy, Leopold and Speedy (not pictured) are Greyhounds and Monte and Margo are Italian Greyhounds. I love whippets and I want one after watching a white and brindle run an obstacle course at the Show Case of Dogs in Memphis, TN to benefit St. Jude Children's research hospital. They LOVE the chickens, I let all of the dogs in the backyard with all of the chickens and they really do not bother them, I feel very blessed that I have such agreeable dogs that live so harmoniously with my chickens.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Your babies are so cute and all the pics are wonderful! Thanks for sharing

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

OMGoodness!!! What an adorable little Tonka Truck of a Chick! Wow, the Suede genes are sure coming through on these babies! They look wonderful, Adam! Just gorgeous. Even my DH says, upon seeing your babies, "Do we have any of those in the bator?" This, from the one who wanted to incubate the purebreds. I might just sneak one in there for myself soon anyway, LOL. They are impressive little blue tanks!

***and the dogs are beautiful, too.

9. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Oh Cynthia, I am glad you like him!!!!!!! I love him! I am keeping him but if he gets to loud for my little neighborhood then he will go to live on my great grandfathers farm (well I call it a farm but it has no animals, YET [​IMG]. )

Adam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by