Suede baby update

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by herechickchick, Nov 27, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Here is my baby at 1 week old. a Blue Orpington/Buff Brahma cross from Cynthia, Speckledhen.

[​IMG]

And here he is at almost 3 months old.

[​IMG]

So any guesses on gender? He/she is getting so big.

Sorry about my crappy camera.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Adam, that is the biggest GIRL I've ever seen, LOL! [​IMG] I know it has a pea comb, but I don't see any real red in the comb or even real wattles, although the legs are like umbrella stands! My goodness, can that really be a girl? No wonder you're having trouble telling the gender on this baby!!!!! By three months, there'd be red wattles and the pea comb would be flaming red, if it was a boy. I think. Man, we need some more opinions on this one. I'd say girl right now.

3. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    YES!!!!!!!!! That is what I am thinking too! She is about the size of a softball and fast as lightning. So beautiful (at least I think so) She got very dark blue compared to here baby picture. Oh and the weather has been so nasty so we are looking a little ruff today.

4. speckledhen

I need to get a pic of Velvet at 3 months old...
    Ok, here she is at 12 weeks old and then Suede at the same age-obviously a pic of Caroline wont do us any good, even though she's the baby's mother:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Velvet looks bigger, but I guess it could just be the photograph. Cyn she is BEAUTIFUL. I guess I am going o have to get on the Pure Blue Orpington list this spring.

6. speckledhen

Honey, you were never OFF the list, LOL! I've got you down to send you the pure Blue Orps on March 3, if that's okay with you.

7. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Great that is fine. Oh I am nuts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by