Suede Gets Treated...he says thank you, Cetawin! (Story and Pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Jan 7, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My dear friend Ladyhawk sent her favorite roo-stud-muffin a whole-grain blueberry pancake for a treat and all his mom, me, had to do was add water and cook it. Well, it didn't go as planned, but knowing Suede, I should have been prepared for this, LOL. Made Suede's pancake, put it on a plate to cool and cut it into bite sized pieces. Sent DH to get Suede to bring him up on the deck so he would eat it in peace and not give it all to his three piggie women.

What I expected was that Suede would pick up a piece, cluck for his girls and when they didn't come, eat it himself. What actually happened was this: the moment Suede's feet touched the deck, he ignored the plateful of goodies, turned, trotted to the edge of the deck and jumped off from the 5'7" height. Jumped! Dang rooster must weigh 13-14 lb and he jumped off, hit the ground (held my breath for him limping away or even breaking his leg) and ran back to the his pen, dancing all around for them to join him. He's never jumped from that height in his life. Naturally, they couldn't come out. We took the plate over to him and placed it on the ground. He clucked and clucked to them, then finally, grabbed a piece and ran over to the fence, clucking his big blue heart out, then dropped a piece at the fence and ran back for more. That boy lives for those girls of his! Tom coaxed him into taking a bite for himself at last, but he was unsettled and wanted those girls, so DH picked up the plate so they couldn't inhale his special treat and we let them out. He fed those girls and was just as happy as could be to share his goodies. Ladyhawk, you will be happy to know that he did eat plenty for himself and there was enough to share, too. Guess we'll trim his spurs some other time. Here are the pics for you, as promised! The first one is him running to give his ladies a bite.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Cetawin!

Suede is handsome as ever! You have been a very good mommy to him!

3. speckledhen

Suede is 3 years old now and still just the sweetest boy. I've enjoyed having him much more than any of his girls.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What a true southern gentleman he is!

Ladyhawk is a pusher, BEWARE! [​IMG]

5. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Awh! [​IMG]

Rusty

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I love this story. [​IMG] And you'll be happy to know that his son is following in his footsteps... [​IMG]

7. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Dang... he's such a nice guy. Wish I could meet a male human like that for myself [​IMG]

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oohhhhhhhh, I love this story. What a great roo! I can hardly wait to see how my Suede baby turn out! I really am kinda hopin' it is a roo. [​IMG]

Suede is such a good family man, isn't he? He is the kind of roo everyone dreams of! (Well, like him and Isaac)..

9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Suede, you big old sweetie!!!! Whatever my Ultrasuede is, roo or pullet, I hope he/she gets your wonderful personality!!!![​IMG] I have this really cool pedastal at home- i would send it if I thought you could get him to stand on it!

(Cetawin. . . . .you are just in there schmoozing for this boy! I don't blame you![​IMG])

10. speckledhen

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I love this story. [​IMG] And you'll be happy to know that his son is following in his footsteps... [​IMG]

Tori, that's wonderful to hear. He's just a big old blue cuddle-bug, but a champion at watching out for his girls.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by