Suede, Isaac, Rex & Their Women (PIC Heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Dec 10, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Most are over the molt now so took some pics today.

Suede, who is about to turn 5 yrs old, and his girls- Dusty, Meg, Hope, Grace and as of today, Nugget (whose young son went to a new home this morning)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rex and his girls-Ida, Wynette, Dottie, Gloria Jean and Maretta, who are 35 weeks old:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isaac and his various women. He's almost 3 years old and has 19 of various breeds and ages, so not all are pictured.

First pic is of Riley and Gypsy (that's Fern under the roost). Both have the same blue Ameraucana mother, my late Charlotte. Riley's sire was my BR, Dutch, also deceased recently. Gypsy is over 4 years old now. Finally, she is fully feathered and looks wonderful-she is usually semi-bald from molting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the Porcelain D'Anver cockerels, Aubrey. He wouldn't pose for me today.

[​IMG]

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    They look wonderful! How many chickens do you have total?

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    What happened to your beloved "handicapped" roo? Have I miss the news?

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Hello Cyn,

I have not been on for a while. But stopped in and saw your pictures. They are beautiful. My Meg is still doing great.

Have a great Christmas.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

As always your girls are gorgeous and your fellas are handsome. If I was a hen, I'd choose the older guy Suede - he reminds me of Sam Elliott...lol...aging hunkily. [​IMG]

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I love your beauties!!! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Quote:LOL, I agree! Love Sam Elliott, especially his distinctive voice. Suede has the best crow here, too, coincidentally.

Zane is still here, Robin. He has a special cage inside Suede's coop. It was too damp/cool for him to be outside on the ground today. Zane turned 4 years old last month.

Gosh, Laura, I think I have 44. I'll have to do an exact count, though. Eight of those are bantams.

Hiya, Ed! Meg just began laying again after about a six month hiatus and a bout with pneumonia. Thought we'd lose her, but she has really perked up and is laying down the law in that group today. She is very much the alpha hen in Suede's harem, being his own age and the elder woman in there.

8. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    OMG! The barring on Rex and his ladies is INCREDIBLE!!! What are they? BR!? [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Yup, they're Barred Rocks. Pics just don't show how truly huge the pullets are, especially Ida.

10. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Those are some Beeaauutiful Barred Rocks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by