Suedes Daddy and other Orpington Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Julie in Al, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    This is Speckledhens Roos daddy Blue Boy with a few of his hens.[​IMG]
    Here is a young Splash Cockeral who has been in competition with Blue Boy from the looks of his comb. He is young. About 5 months.

[​IMG]
    Some June hatches[​IMG]

2. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    those blue orpingtons are just awesome looking! Guess i will have to make more room in the coop heheheheheh

3. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    WE have been adding coops for three years now. Very addicting. I keep downsizing. Ha Ha

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Suede looks exactly like Blue Boy, doesn't he? And that's a very good thing! Is Blue feeling better after his little bout with whatever is was? He sure looks good!
    Here's a picture of Suede's brother while back-the Splashes are so different, especially in the roos.
    [​IMG]

5. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    great pictures, love the chickens [​IMG]

6. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Wow it really is amazing at the different shading in the splash. Blue Boy is fine now. He has got his crow back and is ruling the roost. I think he may be in molt though cause his tail feathers have come out some. He is so friendly. Comes running when I go out off the porch thinking that I might have some treats.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Julie, temperament is definitely genetic! Suede is exactly the same as his daddy. He's my big blue dollbaby.

8. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    You've gotta love the Orpington temperment. Can't wait till my young buff cockeral gets of age so I can have some more buffs.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    I'm falling in love with blue Orps! They are just beautiful.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Darn it you 2.....I was Sooo in love with my Buff Orps....now...looking at yours....I want BLUES!! I HAVE to get some....I cant STAND it!! Now I look at mine and think...they are sooo plain jane!
    Well, not really...I LOVE my BO....but I really have to get me a few of those blues....maybe next year, after DH gets over all the ones we have now. ( started with 6 or 7, now over 60) LOL What was once just one little coop, is now 6 coops, and 2 different "holding pens" Poor DH...Im gonna blame this new madness on you all! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by