sugar glider info

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by poultrykeeper08, Sep 14, 2009.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I am getting a sugar glider very soon and i am just looking for info .
    i know thye need big cages and cuddly borrows to go into

I guess im looking for info on how they act ,play , etc . i am told this one isnt the friendlyiest(sp?) but will eat from your hand
    any info would be great

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ask pine burrow peeps..i think she has some..

I never had luck with mine..she was mean as heck!

Gonna breed her?? hehehehe [​IMG]

3. Bebop

Bebop Chillin' With My Peeps

I used to have sugar gliders.
    They require special diets. Look up their diets online. There are several to choose from. They love crickets and mealworms, fruit, chicken, veggies, monkey biscuits, which should be a part of their diet as well.
    You should get a cage at least 3 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet deep. Make sure you get perches, pouches, hammocks, and toys. I make them if you're ever interested (but let me see because I'm expecting soon.. there are also many people who make them though).
    You should get a bonding pouch too, or have some sort of bonding time in the bathroom or a tent (yes, a tent lol), Soon she'll be so tame, you'll be able to carry her around in your shirt.

Oh good toys are beaded toys and foraging type toys. You can also use baby toys and a WHEEL, they love wheels. The best ones right now are Wodent Wheels or Stealth Wheels.

4. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Thanks for the info bebop . Ill see what it has in its cage tomarow when it comes . Now the owner asked if i wanted a dumbo rat and aa parakeet along with the 2 cockatiels she is bringing for me .

But if you think there is more stuff i need for her that you make ill buy it all from you !

thanks again for the info [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by