Suggestion for a fun feature

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by sezjasper, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I posted the following in Random Ramblings, and Kevin565 was kind enough to direct me to this forum. So here is my suggestion, for what it's worth! Thanks.

I just saw someone had posted to a thread from a contest from last winter (the worst molt) Since I wasn't a member last year I didn't know about the contest and just spent some time laughing over the pictures. Of course then I wanted to see the winners, and this made me think...wouldn't it be fun to have a "Hall of Fame" on the site where people could view all the official contest winners?

If this already exists, could someone point me to it?!! Does anyone else think this would be a good feature? My apologies to the site administrators who I'm sure have plenty to do already...lol...

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm... that's a fun idea! Maybe a "sticky thread" with links to all our contest winning posts?

What do y'all think? Any other ideas or suggestions?

3. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I don't know what a "sticky thread" is (not the sharpest beak in the coop I guess LOL) [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    It's a group of useful threads that are "Stuck" at the top of the section for easy access by all of the members.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Thanks again, Kevin!! The only downside to that would be, you would first have to know where to look (what forum to look in) which could get confusing because there are so many. Anyone who hadn't been using the site long enough to know that a contest had occurred wouldn't know to go looking for the results thread, either. I'm saying this because I've only been a member for a few months now, and I'm still trying to learn my way around. I also don't think I'm explaining myself very well...lol...

6. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    It's no problem at all Sez.

I defiantly understand where you are coming from, Many members who have been here awhile still don't completely know which forum is best to search for their questions. However, a sticky with all of the links should easily get hits in the search bar when searching anything related to a contest. I think it would be a great way to keep track of all the winners and may even give some people a feeling of accomplishment knowing their post is included in BYC records.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Good points. It's definitely hard to figure everything out in a short amount of time... heck, even a lot of time! BYC is like moving into a new busy city and trying to figure out transportation, restaurants, places to party, etc. It takes a while to explore and learn everything, but it can be a fun process!

8. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Sure would, everyone's chicken wants to be famous [​IMG] Thanks again for your help showing me where to post...now if enough people like the idea and the administrators think it's worth trying, maybe something we all can have fun with!

9. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    It has been fun! I'm supposed to be doing the job search thing these past few weeks, and I hate to admit how much time I spend here instead! This is an awesome website and the members are so generous in sharing their knowledge and experience.

10. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    Oh it was no problem at all. It's always nice to be of assistance. I think this is a great idea and would love to hear some of the other members thoughts on this idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by