Suggestion for Buddy list

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by QuailQT, Nov 24, 2009.

1. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    I would like to suggest a "note" field when adding a buddy if it hasn't been suggested already. (Like when you add a favorite seller on eBay-you can add a note at the bottom.
    I wanted to type in a memo about their having Blue Orpingtons (I'm wanting to buy some eggs in the future and will have trouble remembering otherwise. It would also be a nice addition so that I could add where "my buddies" are from too. I would really like to find someone to carpool to the Columbus poultry show next year and I could make notes on who may be coming through my way since I may forget by next year (my mental notes just don't seem to stick like they used to)
    [​IMG]

Just a suggestion for making the site even better. I love this site and spend more time on here than I'd like to admit, though I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    [​IMG]

Still hoping for the zip code field suggestion (first three digits only) to come through too. It would make it easier to search for "neighbors" while keeping their exact location private [​IMG]

Thanks for all you do to make this site so awesome! I truly love it and struck up a conversation at TSC with a stranger the other day when I saw her load up some chicken feed. I'm just friendly like that I guess (my fiance just kind of rolled his eyes knowing that we would be there for awhile. He didn't really mind, but he's quiet and thinks it's funny how I can just start talking to someone that I've never met before. [​IMG] )

Anyway, I told her all about it, swapped names and numbers with her and I'm going to give her a call later to see if she signed up yet!
    She's got 24 chickens (only 3 laying-going to suggest the cayenne pepper trick to her when I call (I just found that and I'm crossing my fingers for it to work too) and 21 pigeons (who won't stop laying -told her about the trick I learned on here about planting the fake eggs-she loved it!)

Thanks again for an exceptional website!

2. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    [​IMG]
    OK I did it before someone else got the chance!
    I just checked my buddy list and see that you can add a note once you've added them to the list.

Sorry! [​IMG]

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by